Bangkok has declared three highly-controlled areas as well as adding to the list of venues being ordered to shut down to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration said on Friday.
The three districts include Nong Khaem, Bang Phlat and Bang Khun Thian where no large gathering of any kind will be allowed in the areas until the situation improves.
Here is the list of all the venues that have been ordered to temporarily shut down in all districts from midnight January 2 onwards until further notice;
1. Pubs, bars, and entertainment venues
2. Water parks / Amusement parks
3. Playgrounds / Children’s play equipment
4. Snookers / Billiard tables
5. Arcades / Gaming machines
6. Gaming and Internet cafes
7. Amulet centers
8. Horse racing tracks along with cockfighting, bullfighting and fishfighting rings
9. Child care centers
10. Tattoo parlors
11. Schools and tutoring places (until January 17)
12. Bowling and skating rings or similar arenas
13. Elderly care facilities (except for overstays)
14. Martial art schools
15. Boxing rings
16. Large massage parlors, traditional Thai massage parlors and spas
17. Banquet rooms or anything similar
19. Gyms / Fitnesses
20. All racing tracks
21. Dancing schools and clubs
Alcoholic drinks cannot be served in restaurants or consume inside convenience stores.
Markets, department stores, large retail stores, hairdressers, nail parlors, beauty clinics, golf courses, driving ranges, sports stadiums, parks, exercising grounds, sporting fields, pet grooming and caring stores, swimming pools (indoor and outdoor), gardens, museums, theaters, zoos and animal shows will still open normally with strict prevention measures such as mask-wearing, social distancing and regular cleaning.
Police Captain Pongsakorn Kwanmuang, a spokesman for the BMA, said the administration will discuss with the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration on Saturday on the necessity for restaurants to be open for takeaway only.
Such changes will be implemented at a later time.