Nine ministers are now in self-quarantine, the government said on Wednesday, after Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob tested positive for Covid-19.
Saksayam was admitted to Buriram Hospital with a high fever on Wednesday and later tested positive.
Natreeya Thaweewong, a government house spokeswoman, told reporters that the cabinet would meet via a video conferencing on Wednesday because nine ministers were in self-quarantine as a precaution.
Both Saksayam and Supattanapong Punmeechaow, the energy minister, have denied that they visited entertainment venues in Thonglor and Ekkamai districts which is a new epicenter for the virus’ spread in Bangkok.
The list of the nine ministers in self quarantine include:
- Saksayam Chidchob, the transport minister
- Wissanu Krea-ngam, the deputy prime minister
- Pipat Ratchakitprakan, the minister of tourism and sports
- Chalermchai Srion, the minister of agriculture and cooperatives
- Trinuch Thienthong, the minister of education
- Kalaya Sophonpanich, the deputy education of minister
- Kanokwan Vilawan, the deputy minister of education
- Mananya Thaiseth, the deputy minister of agriculture and cooperatives
- Anucha Nakasai, the minister to the office of the prime minister.