Listen to this story
The winter of our discontent approaches. The government is currently drafting a law that will make it harder for press like Thai Enquirer to operate. (Read more here)
Despite this new onslaught against press freedom by the current government, we would like to make the following promises to you.
- We promise to uphold to the highest standard including all ethical and professional responsibilities of responsible journalism
- We promise to continue to espouse the values of free and fair press
- We promise to continue to hold the government to account without shying away from the hardest topics regardless of government actions
- We promise to continue to represent, help speak for, and work to shed light on the plight of underprivileged communities in Thailand and throughout the region
- We promise to support our fellow publications engaged with practicing fair journalism wherever and whenever we can
Finally, we would like to thank you. We would be nothing without our faithful and amazing readers who have made the journey for the past year and a half so wonderful and so so rewarding.
We owe a debt of gratitude to you and we will work our hardest to continue to earn your trust and patronage.
the Thai Enquirer