The Progressive Movement, led by Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit has registered an official foundation under the same name, confirmed in the Royal Gazette Friday.
Thanathorn was the leader of the now-dissolved Future Forward Party (FFP), the predecessor to the current opposition Move Forward Party.
The director of the new foundation is Thai academic and former FFP secretary-general Piyabutr Saengkanokku.
Under the Bangkok Foundation Registrar, the purpose of the foundation is to “advance and promote education in areas of social sciences, law, political science, and so forth,” according to the announcement.
The foundation will also push for the translation of foreign language books and documents into Thai to disseminate further knowledge, research, and studies under the fields of social science, law, and political science to the Thai public. It also aims to encourage Thai youth future generations to pursue their own education in democratic values.
The foundation will provide scholarships and financial support to underprivileged youth in Thailand, assist in social work helping the elderly, the disabled, and the underprivileged, and support sports-related activities.
With initial cash capital assets of 500,000 baht, the Progressive Movement Foundation currently has the following committee members:
- Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, chairman
- Chamnan Chanruang, vice chairman
- Surachai Srisarakham, vice chairman
- Piyabutr Saengkanokkul, director
- Pannika Wanich, director
- Dejrat Sukkom, director
- Soonthorn Boonyod, director
- Chan Phakdeesri, director
- Janewit Kraisin, director
- Klaikong Wittayakarn, director
- Yaowaluk Wongpraparat, director and treasurer
- Kultida Roongruangkiat, director and secretary